The information contained in this program is provided solely for your convenience. The City of Tucson makes no guarantee, warranty, or representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the information. The City of Tucson does not assume, and expressly disclaims, any and all liability to any individual, association, group, corporation, partnership, or other entity for any and all losses or damages resulting from the furnishing of this information.
The City of Tucson makes no guarantee, warranty, or representation as to the safe use or compatibility of the information contained in this system with your computer system. Computer virus protection is not included. The user expressly assumes any and all risks associated with the use of the information contained in this program with the user’s computer system.
The Quarterly Cumulative files contain all new and existing license holders at the time of the cumulation.
These files are ASCII text, fixed-field files.
See Understanding the Business License Files for more information on setting the fields.
See the bottom of this page for information on importing the files.
Importing the Weekly and Quarterly Business License Files
The files are in ASCII text, fixed field format. First download the files, and then import the data into a database program. Instructions for importing the files into Microsoft Excel are give below.
1. Select either Weekly or Quarterly Business License files. Click the DOWNLOAD button.
2. In the File Download box, choose "Save this file to disk" and click the SAVE button.
3. In the Save As box, choose where you would like to save the file (using the pull-down menu at the top). If you wish to rename the file, type in the new name in the "File name:" field. Click the SAVE button.
4. In the Download Complete box, click the CLOSE button.
5. Go to Microsoft Excel.
6. Click File -> Open.
7. In the Open box, click the drop down box for the "Look in:" field to find the folder where you saved the file. Click the drop down box for the "Files of type:" field, and choose All Files (*.*). Find and select the file you downloaded and double-click on the file
8. The Text Import Wizard-Step1 of 3 box opens. Click the NEXT> button.
9. The Text Import Wizard-Step 2 of 3 box opens. Refer to Understanding the Weekly and Quarterly Business License Files for setting column breaks. To set a column break, click along the number line. Click the NEXT> button.
10. The Text Import Wizard-Step 3 of 3 box opens. You can change the format for any of the columns. If you do not wish to change anything, click the FINISH button.